|50mg × 30 pillole||$2.16||$64.67||+ Viagra||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 60 pillole||$1.79||$107.45||$21.89||+ Levitra||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 90 pillole||$1.67||$150.23||$43.78||+ Cialis||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 120 pillole||$1.61||$193.01||$65.67||+ Viagra||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 180 pillole||$1.55||$278.58||$109.44||+ Levitra||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 270 pillole||$1.51||$406.92||$175.11||+ Cialis||Aggiungi al carello|
|50mg × 360 pillole||$1.49||$535.26||$240.78||+ Viagra||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 30 pillole||$1.47||$44.15||+ Levitra||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 60 pillole||$1.01||$60.81||$27.49||+ Cialis||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 90 pillole||$0.86||$77.48||$54.97||+ Viagra||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 120 pillole||$0.78||$94.14||$82.46||+ Levitra||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 180 pillole||$0.71||$127.47||$137.43||+ Cialis||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 270 pillole||$0.66||$177.47||$219.88||+ Viagra||Aggiungi al carello|
|12.5mg × 360 pillole||$0.63||$227.46||$302.34||+ Levitra||Aggiungi al carello|
Hyzaar is used for treating high blood pressure. It may be used to decrease the risk of stroke in certain patients with high blood pressure. Hyzaar is a combination angiotensin II receptor blocker and diuretic. The angiotensin II receptor blocker works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Use Hyzaar as directed by your doctor.
- Take Hyzaar by mouth with or without food.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Hyzaar is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Hyzaar may increase the amount of urine or cause you to urinate more often when you first start taking it. To keep this from disturbing your sleep, try to take your dose before 6 pm.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Hyzaar.
- Continue to take Hyzaar even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Hyzaar, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hyzaar.
Store Hyzaar at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Hyzaar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Losartan potassium-hydrochlorothiazide.
Do NOT use Hyzaar if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Hyzaar or to any other sulfonamide medicine (eg, sulfamethoxazole)
- you are pregnant
- you have severe liver or kidney problems or are unable to urinate
- you are taking dofetilide or ketanserin.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Hyzaar. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe reaction (eg, swelling of the hands, face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue; trouble swallowing or breathing; hoarseness) after taking any other angiotensin II receptor blocker or an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor (eg, captopril)
- if you are dehydrated; have low blood volume; have low blood sodium, chloride, potassium, or magnesium levels; or have high blood calcium levels
- if you have asthma; diabetes; gout; heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure); liver, gallbladder, or kidney problems; high blood cholesterol or lipid levels; or systemic lupus erythematosus
- if you have recently had nerve surgery.
Some medicines may interact with Hyzaar. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Dofetilide or ketanserin because the risk of irregular heartbeat may be increased
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), diuretics (eg, furosemide), narcotic pain medicines (eg, morphine), or other medicines for high blood pressure because they may increase the risk of Hyzaar's side effects
- Cholestyramine, colestipol, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib) because they may decrease Hyzaar's effectiveness
- Diazoxide, digoxin, lithium, nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine), potassium, or potassium-sparing diuretics (eg, spironolactone) because risk of their side effects and toxic effects may be increased by Hyzaar
- Diabetes medicine (eg, glipizide, metformin), insulin, or pressor amines (eg, norepinephrine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Hyzaar.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Hyzaar may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Hyzaar may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Hyzaar with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Hyzaar may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Report any lightheadedness or fainting to your doctor immediately. Your risk of lightheadedness or fainting may be increased if you experience diarrhea, vomiting, excessive sweating, if you do not drink enough fluids, or if you are on a low-salt diet.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal." Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- Hyzaar may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Hyzaar. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Hyzaar before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- If you have high blood pressure, do not use nonprescription products that contain stimulants. These products may include diet pills or cold medicines. Contact your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Your doctor may have also prescribed a potassium supplement for you. If so, follow the dosing carefully. Do not start taking additional potassium on your own or change your diet to include more potassium without first checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor before you use a salt substitute or a product that has potassium in it.
- Diabetes patients - Hyzaar may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Hyzaar may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
- Hyzaar has not been shown to reduce the risk of stroke or certain heart problems in black patients who have high blood pressure.
- Hyzaar may interfere with certain lab tests, including parathyroid function tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Hyzaar.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, blood pressure, and blood electrolytes, may be performed while you use Hyzaar. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Hyzaar with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Hyzaar should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Hyzaar may cause birth defects or fetal death if you take it while you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. Hyzaar is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Hyzaar.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Back pain; diarrhea; dizziness; lightheadedness, especially when sitting up or standing; nausea; numbness or tingling of the skin; tiredness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; confusion; decrease in sexual ability; decreased urination; depression; drowsiness; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; hoarseness; muscle pain, tenderness, or cramps; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; restlessness; seizures; severe or persistent dry mouth; shortness of breath; swelling of the arms or legs; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual thirst; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.